Tuesday, September 11, 2012

REMEMBERING 9/11/2001

It hardly seems possible that it has been eleven years since the horrible tragedy of 9/11/2001.     I still remember the day and everything about it.      I remember where I was and thinking that this cannot be possibly happening.      I remember airlines being shut down.     I remember amusement parks closing.    I remember walking my children to school the next day and seeing armed guards outside of the National Guard.     It was all so surreal.      Countless lives were lost that day.      Countless men and women sacrificed their own lives to save others.     

The thing that forever took my breath away was watching Congress sing, "God Bless America".    They weren't thinking about Democrat or Republican.     They were standing together as one.     It's something I wished could have lasted much longer.     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izb459vJ-8Q






God Bless America, my home sweet home.       

No comments:

Post a Comment