Monday, October 8, 2012

Why Blog?

I started reading blogs in December of 2010.     In reading them, I found that they brought me joy and hope each time I took the time to read them.     When my website was in the process of being done, I was told that I should blog to help out with Search Engine Optimization.     With lots of help from Amy Spainhower, she helped me to understand the importance of this and together we looked at websites that I could blog and add posts to regularly.    

With the website just about done (it's always a work in progress), I do regularly add posts that have to do with business.    Although this is educational and brings a lot of information to the table, it can't always be personal.     With this said, I thought it would be important to start this blog in order for you to get to know me as a person.     As I often say, insurance work is sales, but most importantly, it's about people.    


I live in Rochester and work from my home office when I'm not meeting with clients in their homes, their businesses, or in local coffee shops.    My husband, John, and I have been married for 28 years and together we have two grown sons, Michael and Andrew.      

                                                              My husband and I

Andrew was married the end of June and we were thrilled to welcome a new daughter in law, Christina,  into our family.

                                              Andrew and Christina on their wedding day


                                                                        My family 

Simply put, I'm a wife, a mother, a mother- in- law, a sister, a sister-in-law, and a woman that loves her business.     We have struggles just like everyone else, however, we have more blessings than I can possibly count.     My hope is that this blog helps you in realizing how special you are to the world, to your family, to the business, and last but not least, me.    





No comments:

Post a Comment